Saturday, February 21, 2009

Big belly and big baby: an update on the Mini Maguire

With the big day rapidly drawing nearer, I thought I should post more pictures to show how stinking enormous my stomach is getting. Holy cow!



I have this fantasy that I have reached my very largest dimensions, and that I will not gain a single pound more, and that my circumference will not increase. Unfortunately, I'm sure that this is not to be. That's okay. Tying one's own shoes is overrated, anyhow.

Last week we had an ultrasound to follow up on what was thought to be a possible complication (turned out to be absolutely nothing) to make sure the little Bun was growing enough. As it turned out, growth was not a problem at all! We were told that the baby is looking pretty big at this point. The baby's large all over, but the head, in particular, looks quite big. The doctor said not to be surprised if our baby ends up being 8 or 9 pounds, but I'm not too concerned because I know that their estimates are just that....estimates. Everything looked good and the baby appears to be the picture of health! I'll post the latest ultrasound pics once I get a chance to scan them. As an added bonus, I get another ultrasound in 2 weeks that we weren't expecting just to make sure the Bun isn't getting TOO big!

Just for grins, I am also posting a picture taken the day we found out I was pregnant. This is me with a crappy dollar store pregnancy test (all we had left on that particular day...the kind that contains a cup and a dropper...why didn't we just spring for the name brand ones?!) that carried on it the faintest double pink line history has ever seen. What a happy day! And what a nice trim waistline! Yikes, someone get that girl some powder and eyeliner!


I started packing my hospital bag today. I read that this should probably be done by the end of week 36, which is Wednesday. Week 36!!! I can't believe that in a month I'm going to be someone's mother!

5 comments:

The Rod's said...

You look beautiful! The only weight you have has gone only to your belly! You are glowing. Pink is definitely your color. I'm so excited for you guys.

Melodie said...

cute pictures! but wait . . .do you even know the sex? did i miss that part along this blog. if your gonna wait and be surprised, then good for you. that's always what i said i would do . . . and in a way, that's how it happened. :)

junglemama said...

You look beautiful! ENjoy your pregnancy-- it will be over before you know it!

The Rod's said...

Have you had the baby yet?

A and Z said...

Hey! Congratulations! I saw your blog on Melodie's page! How exciting for you guys! You are REALLY cute pregnant. Best of luck and keep us up to date!

Zac and Amy Bradt