Monday, May 25, 2009

Two month portraits

We took Lucy to the Target portrait studio yesterday to have some pictures made. It was kind of a last-minute decision. To be honest, my hopes were not high. I was just hopeful we'd get one or two "keepers." This is why we chose Target - there is no sitting fee; you just have to pay for the prints you order. That way, if we got through two pictures and Lucy erupted into a meltdown, we wouldn't be out any money! However, before the inevitable meltdown occurred (which it inevitably did), the photographer was able to get several good shots. Here are a few:


The photographer even caught a shot of Lucy's fit right as she was getting warmed up:


Not something we would order a print of, but cute nonetheless.

In other news, I chopped off all of my hair. I had it in my head that I needed to have long hair when the baby came so I could wear it in a ponytail. But I don't like wearing ponytails and the result is too often baby puke all in my hair. Gross! So here's a pic of me, my new 'do, and my beautiful blue-eyed baby:


We made an offer to build a new house and it was accepted by the builder, so we will be homeowners once again in about 5 or 6 months. In the meantime I will be having dreams about granite counters and five-and-a-quarter inch baseboards! Can't wait!

3 comments:

Garland's said...

I love the pictures in the flowers, so cute! And I love your hair! How was your first day back to work?

Robin said...

It was hectic after being away for over two months, but things have calmed down for now!

Caitlyn Leilani said...

AWW Lucy is beautiful! And I love your haircut! You look great! Congrats on the new house plans! That is exciting! :)